Pro Baseball Championship: Odds, Trends Before Opening Day

Opening Day is here!

The 2020 MLB season begins tonight with two intriguing matchups: the defending World Series champion Nationals hosting the Yankees along with a clash between two NL West rivals when the Dodgers and Giants square off. 

Before the first pitch from Washington D.C., though, let’s take one final look at the latest odds and trends at William Hill for 2020 World Series futures. 

When William Hill re-released its 2020 World Series futures last month, the Dodgers (+325) just edged the Yankees (+350) as the favorite to win it all. Now on Opening Day, though, the two teams are now +350 co-favorites.

After originally being re-posted at 16/1, the Twins are now tied with the Astros for the third-lowest odds at 12/1. Besides Minnesota, a few other teams have seen noticeable odds shifts over the past month: the Rays (22/1 to 18/1), Padres (50/1 to 35/1), Blue Jays (200/1 to 125/1) and Tigers (500/1 to 250/1). 

In terms of which teams William Hill bettors have their eye on, look no further than atop the board.

The Yankees lead the way in both total number of tickets (9%) and total dollars wagered (20%). That includes a Nevada bettor putting down a $7,500 wager on Yankees +350 for a $33,750 potential total payout, which is the largest World Series future taken at William Hill as of now.

The Dodgers rank second in both categories, as they have captured 9% of the total number of tickets and 13% of the total dollars wagered. 

The only other team to rank in the top five in both total number of tickets and total dollars wagered is the Mets (18/1), who have attracted 6% of each. 

There hasn’t been as much interest in the last year’s World Series participants. The Nationals (18/1) have gotten 2% of the total number of tickets and 1% of the total dollars wagered, while the Astros have received 1% of the total number of tickets and 2% of the total dollars wagered. 

Among the long shots, the White Sox (30/1) have been drawing noteworthy action. Chicago has generated 5% of the total number of tickets and 6% of the total dollars wagered, highlighted by a New Jersey bettor placing $2,000 on the White Sox back when they were priced at 75/1 for a $152,000 potential total payout.

Check out William Hill’s latest odds and trends for 2020 World Series futures, which are available to bet in Nevada, New Jersey and Iowa.

Bet baseball with William Hill, America’s #1 sportsbook.

Fall Rewards

This fall William Hill Nevada is giving you the chance to earn cash back with Fall Rewards! Enroll before December 31st, 2022 and you will receive Fall Rewards

Read More »

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, WILLIAM HILL MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE IF ILLINOIS EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-41 EXPIRES, IS TERMINATED, ENDED OR WITHDRAWN, OR HELD INVALID.  

Executive Order 2020-41 states in pertinent part that “During the duration of the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamations, the provisions in the Sports Wagering Act, 230 ILCS 45/25-30(f), 25-35(f), and 25-40(i) requiring in-person creation of a sports wagering account at a facility authorized pursuant to the Act in order to participate in sports wagering offered over the internet or through a mobile application, are suspended.”    

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT (OR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO SO) YOU MAY NOT JOIN THE WHAP.