Pro Baseball Championship Futures: Colorado’s Outlook, Shifts

It’s just past the halfway point of the 2020 MLB season, and the Rockies are one game over .500. Colorado sits at 16-15, trailing the NL West-leading Dodgers by six games. As one of seven National League teams with a winning record, the Rockies would be in this season’s playoffs if it were to start today. 

On Opening Day, the Rockies were listed at 200/1 at William Hill to win the 2020 World Series, which was tied for the fifth-worst odds with the Mariners and Royals. Since then, though, their price has improved considerably. 

“Anyone’s live in this environment,” said Nick Bogdanovich, Director of Trading for William Hill US. “We had Colorado at 300/1 at one point and now they’re down to 40/1. We lose pretty good with them if they win the World Series.”

Currently at 40/1, the Rockies are tied for the 12th-best odds to win their first-ever championship. 

The Rockies’ journey to their 40/1 price has been an eventful one. When William Hill released its 2020 World Series futures last November, Colorado was 75/1. In the mid-March, the Rockies had risen all the way to 300/1. 

Following a fast start to the season, Colorado’s World Series odds quickly dropped from 200/1 on Opening Day. After taking two of three vs. the Rangers to begin the campaign, the Rockies resided at 100/1. Then two straight victories over the Athletics and a 4-1 record overall put them down to 60/1. Taking two from the Padres after that dropped them to 40/1. 

The lowest World Series odds the Rockies have had this season were 22/1 thanks to an 11-3 start. 

“Colorado can make some noise,” Bogdanovich said. “It all boils down to pitching. If they get some decent pitching, they’re dangerous. Their 1 through 8 in the lineup is solid.”

Among all 2020 World Series futures bets taken at William Hill, Colorado has attracted 2% of the total number of tickets and 1% of the total dollars wagered. Since Opening Day, however, the Rockies have received 3% of the total number of tickets and 2% of the total dollars wagered. 

That includes one Nevada bettor who put $200 on the Rockies back when they were at 200/1 for a total potential payout of $40,200. 

Check out the Rockies’ World Series odds movement at William Hill below. 

Bet baseball with William Hill, America’s #1 sportsbook.

Fall Rewards

This fall William Hill Nevada is giving you the chance to earn cash back with Fall Rewards! Enroll before December 31st, 2022 and you will receive Fall Rewards

Read More »

NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, WILLIAM HILL MAY TERMINATE THIS AGREEMENT WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE IF ILLINOIS EXECUTIVE ORDER 2020-41 EXPIRES, IS TERMINATED, ENDED OR WITHDRAWN, OR HELD INVALID.  

Executive Order 2020-41 states in pertinent part that “During the duration of the Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamations, the provisions in the Sports Wagering Act, 230 ILCS 45/25-30(f), 25-35(f), and 25-40(i) requiring in-person creation of a sports wagering account at a facility authorized pursuant to the Act in order to participate in sports wagering offered over the internet or through a mobile application, are suspended.”    

IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT (OR ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DO SO) YOU MAY NOT JOIN THE WHAP.