2020 World Series Odds, Trends: Which Contenders Are Bettors Backing?

The 2020 MLB season is slated to commence in a month, and William Hill has put back up its World Series, American League and National League futures.

The Dodgers (13/4) and Yankees (7/2) are atop the odds board to win the 2020 World Series, and William Hill bettors have not been shy with backing the two favorites. 

New York and Los Angeles have each attracted 8% of the total number of tickets, which leads all MLB teams. The Yankees also are tops in total dollars wagered at 18%, with the Dodgers next at 13%.

The biggest 2020 World Series future bet taken thus far at William Hill has come in on the Bronx Bombers. One New Jersey bettor placed a $3,500 wager on the Yankees at 3/1 for a total potential payout of $14,000. 

But what additional clubs are drawing significant action in this futures market?

The Angels are the only other team to rank in the top five in both total number of tickets (6%) and total dollars wagered (6%). They are currently tied for the seventh-lowest odds to bring home this season’s hardware at 18/1.

Looking at teams directly behind the Yankees and Dodgers in the two categories, the Twins are third in total number of tickets at 7%. Minnesota has already shifted from 16/1 to 12/1 since William Hill’s World Series futures were re-released on Wednesday, one of two teams to see their odds change in the past day (the Tigers moved from 500/1 to 300/1).

Meanwhile, the Athletics (16/1) and White Sox (30/1) have each drawn 7% of the total dollars wagered. Another New Jersey bettor put down a $2,000 wager on the White Sox back when they were priced at 75/1 for a potential total payout of $152,000.

Two notable teams that haven’t been generating as much action are last year’s Fall Classic participants.

The defending champion Nationals (18/1) have received 2% of the total number of tickets and 1% of the total dollars wagered, while the Astros (12/1) have gotten 1% of the total number of tickets and 2% of the total dollars wagered. 

Check out William Hill’s latest odds and trends below for 2020 World Series futures, which are available to bet in Nevada, New Jersey and Iowa. 

TEAM TO WIN 2020 WORLD SERIES @WILLIAMHILLUSCURRENT ODDS (6/25/20)
LOS ANGELES DODGERS+325 (13/4)
NEW YORK YANKEES+350 (7/2)
HOUSTON ASTROS12/1
MINNESOTA TWINS12/1
OAKLAND ATHLETICS16/1
ATLANTA BRAVES17/1
WASHINGTON NATIONALS18/1
NEW YORK METS18/1
LOS ANGELES ANGELS18/1
CHICAGO CUBS20/1
TAMPA BAY RAYS22/1
CINCINNATI REDS22/1
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS30/1
CLEVELAND INDIANS30/1
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES30/1
CHICAGO WHITE SOX30/1
BOSTON RED SOX35/1
MILWAUKEE BREWERS40/1
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS50/1
SAN DIEGO PADRES50/1
TEXAS RANGERS100/1
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS125/1
COLORADO ROCKIES200/1
TORONTO BLUE JAYS200/1
PITTSBURGH PIRATES300/1
SEATTLE MARINERS300/1
KANSAS CITY ROYALS300/1
DETROIT TIGERS300/1
BALTIMORE ORIOLES500/1
MIAMI MARLINS500/1

Bet baseball with William Hill, America’s #1 sportsbook.